Every 13 seconds, there is one divorce in America. That equates to 277 divorces per hour, 6,646 divorces per day, 46,523 divorces per week, and 2,419,196 divorces per year. If that doesn't shock you, what will? For 11 weeks this fall, we will be learning how to take a Biblical approach to marriage and relationships. Whether you're single, married, or widowed, this class can benefit everyone! Meets 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Multi-purpose Room.
- Back to the Basics - A look at how the Biblical basics of marriage in Genesis 1 & 2 are still impactful in today's marriages.
- Owners Manual, Part 1 - A look at what Ephesians 5 has to say about the Husband's role in marriage.
- Owners Manual, Part 2 - A look at what Ephesians 5 has to say about the Wife's role in marriage.
- Leaving Home and Making Home - How to leave home well and build a biblical foundation for marriage.
- Yada, Yada, Yada - Untangling the communication breakdowns in marriage and learning how to have healthy communication.
- Battle Studies - Taking a look at issues such as anger, silence and distance from a biblical perspective in order to remove the battles from marriage.
- Trust Me? - How do we often break trust and how to we restore that trust. Looking at learning how to trust each other.
- Give and Take - Examining the stresses and tensions that increase marital struggles and learning how to strengthen marriage life.
- Building Blocks - Faith, Forgiveness, and Repentance. Learning how those three core blocks help grow closeness and love.
- The Marriage Core - Finding ways to focus on our attitudes and behaviors so intimacy and romance can grow in healthy ways.
- Love and Protect - Looking at how to protect and strengthen marriage by blessing, encouraging, and affirming each other.