March 11, 2020
Dear Severns Valley Family,
As you may have heard, Governor Beshear held a press conference this morning and recommended for all weekend church services to be cancelled. Tonight, our Church Council and Deacons will be meeting to discuss this announcement. We will get back to you as soon as we make a decision concerning our weekend services. As for tonight, all activities are being offered.
The Church Council and Staff have been working on how we can lead during the Coronavirus outbreak. Below is what we've been working on the past two weeks.
We want to care for our church family in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. To that end, we are asking you, our members, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here's how we are committed to keeping our campus clean:
- We will sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after every service such as doors, handles, tables, water fountains, check-in stations, handrails and sinks.
- Our staff and volunteer teams will wash their hands frequently and stay home if they are sick. In addition, The Café staff will wear gloves when they serve coffee and doughnuts.
- We will provide hand sanitizer stations around campus for everyone to use.
- Offering boxes will be placed in the Upper and Lower Worship Center Lobbies. We will not be passing offering plates during the Worship Services. Remember, you can also give online at sv.church/give.
We are asking you to help stop the spread of the virus in the following ways as per advisement by The Lincoln Trail District Health Department. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure. Ways to reduce your risk of contracting the Coronavirus (COVID-19) include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick with fever, coughing, sneezing, and difficulty breathing. To avoid close contact, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. To avoid coughing into your hands, you can cough into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for "at least 20 seconds", especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Community agencies such as (e.g. businesses, faith-organizations) should practice non-contact methods for greeting and other activities that create the opportunity to share germs.
We want to remind you how you can continue to participate in our Worship Services.
If anyone in your family is sick or needs to stay home during this time, you are invited to watch or listen to Sunday services live at 9 & 10:45am on:
- Local cable: BBTEL Ch 1; Comcast Ch 2/Insight Ch 25
- Online. sv.church/live
- Radio: 98.3 WQXE (9am only)
If you're a regular giver at Severns Valley, please continue to give either in-person or online. Your continued generosity is a vital resource that enables us to continue our Gospel-mission on a weekly basis.
The uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. Yet we remain certain of God's steadfast presence and faithful attention to all that is happening. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
In Psalm 46, we are reminded that it is God who is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, let us not fear, but with confidence use this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus through our prayers and our care for others.
Your Church Council and Staff
Posted on Thu, March 12, 2020
by Church Council and Staff filed under