In just a few weeks, October 4th-11th, we will be taking at team of 16 people to Nicaragua. Our trip will include these objectives:
- Sharing Christ through gospel conversations.
- Distributing Bibles & Reading Glasses.
- Teaching people how to read the Bible.
- Teaching children Bible stories.
- Reaching teenagers through specific events: Worship service, Soccer, Baseball and conversation.
- Pastor/Church Leader training.
- Worship services in both communities.
- Baptism service in San Francisco.
We will be working in both communities that we have adopted: San Francisco and El Platanal. Please continue to pray for Pastor Enrique (San Francisco) and Pastor Juan (El Platanal). They are seeing God move in both of their communities.
We need your help! Would you:
1. Pray for us as we go:
- To be Opportunistic - to take advantage of every opportunity that God gives us to share the gospel.
- Boldness to share the gospel.
- Openness to step out of our comfort zone.
- Flexibility to adapt when plan change.
- Receptivity among those who will be hearing the gospel.
2. Donate these items:
- Reading Glasses - Would you like to help us provide reading glasses for those who can't read? If so, we have found a distributor that can supply us reading glasses for $0.50 a pair! If you want to help, you can make a donation online, Donate Online, be sure and select "Missions Ministry Gift", or you can give through the offering by marking the envelope "Glasses for Nicaragua." Inexpensive reading glasses will give them the opportunity to read God's Word for the first time or for the first time in a long time.
- Toys - We would like to take with us small toys (ie. like what comes in Kid's Meals) with us to give to the children. Many children don't have any toys or their toys are broken.
Collection boxes will be located in the Lobby of the church for you to place your donations.
Be sure and subscribe to the SVmissions Blog to keep up with all that is happening! We will be updating the blog each day while we are in Nicaragua.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Posted on Mon, September 15, 2014
by Jeff Wilson filed under