Nicaragua Missions - How You Can Help
In a few weeks, January 7-14, 2017, we will be taking a group of 9 men and women on our next mission trip to Nicaragua. We will be working primarily in El Platanal on this trip, but we will likely spend one day with the church in San Francisco. Our trip will include these objectives:
- Work with the pastors and church members of El Platanal to share the Gospel
- Provide more water through a gutter system on the church to catch rain water in storage tanks
- Build an irrigation/drainage system in the agricultural area
- Provide school supplies to the teachers in El Platanal
- Reach the men of El Plantanal through specific events:
- Worship service
- Providing work gloves, hats, and shirts
- Working alongside them on the irrigation and gutter systems
Even though you may not be able to go on this trip, you can still be a part of the mission. Here are some ways you can make a positive contribution:
Pray for us as we go:
- For God to make us a clean and holy vessel filling us with the Holy Spirit, making us effective agents as we spread the Gospel.
- To take advantage of every opportunity that God gives us to share the gospel
- For the people we encounter in Nicaragua (and along the entire trip) to be receptive to hearing the Gospel.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in plans.
- The wisdom to recognize and follow God’s will.
Pray for the pastors and church members in Nicaragua:
- For God to provide healing and comfort for Pastor Enrique and his family (San Francisco).
- For Pastor Diomedes and Reynaldo as they search for a permanent pastor in El Platanal.
- For the members of both churches to grow in their faith and spread the Gospel throughout their communities and beyond,
Make a donation (these items will be used as gifts for outreach to the men of El Platanal):
- Durable work gloves with leather/synthetic leather palms and breathable material on the back to keep cool in hot weather.
- Work hats, baseball style or other to provide protection from the sun.
- Money to buy gloves and hats.
- Consider including an inspirational message for the men of El Platanal (in English, we will translate to Spanish).
Collection boxes will be located by the Information Kiosk in the lobby for you to place your donations.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
Posted on Mon, December 19, 2016
by Jeff Wilson filed under